gNewSense is derived from Ubuntu, and thus has most of the same functionality. There are a number of differences though.
– Non-free firmware removed from kernel in main
– Non-free firmware removed from linux-ubuntu-modules
– Builder, a tool to produce a distribution
– Restricted removed
– Multiverse removed
– Ubuntu logos replaced
– Universe enabled by default
– Emacs, bsdgames, nethack and build-essential part of the default install
This is the latest version of the gNewSense GNU/Linux operating system featuring the GNOME desktop. It’s everything you need to try out gNewSense and if you like it, install it right from the desktop!
Get gNewSense 2.3 Live CD (614 MB, ISO format, 1 CD-ROM disc image for Intel-compatible PCs)